I'm going to start adding these things I call Newcomer Middle School Tips, or NMST for short. So one NMST is that you should always be bold and try new things. That's beside the whole Bubble Lab point, but I think I should just let people know that you shouldn't only hang with the friends that you had at elementary school, you should make new friends, and maybe introduce them to your old friends. If it's really hard to make new friends, just smile and say hello. You don't have to make friends immediately, the only thing you have to do is talk. Anyways, thanks for reading and always make new friends! (;
Saturday, August 17, 2013
Bubble lab/ NMST
Yesterday in science we got to do our first experiment of the year! Mr. NFL called it the Bubble Lab, and what we had to do was test 3 of the most top leading brands of soap, Dawn, Joy, and Ajax. He gave us a straw, a ruler, and the cups of soap with an eye dropper along with it, then he told us to blow the bubble first, then take the ruler to measure how big the bubble was when it left residue. We had to make a hypothesis of what brand of soap would make the biggest bubble, (mine was Dawn) and write it down on a piece of paper that he handed out to us, that we also had to write the measurements of the bubbles on, then add them up to make the average. A lot of mine were about in the 3.5, and 7.5 range. Compared to my friends, who had , like 19 cm., mine were way small! My hypothesis was that Dawn would make the biggest bubble, but I was wrong! Joy beat Dawn by .4! Dawn's average was 8 cm., and Joy's was 8.4 .
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment